Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Love you

I love you




Just lied down in my grandmom’s lap today..... Was such a special feeling ........ She caressing my hair,thw touch of her hands to smooth, she bowing down to give a usual kiss on my forehead , The love , the affection , the care lingered on into my senses ......



A thought came across my mind about my granddad ........ The whitish complexion , the neatly combed oiled hair , the vibhuti on his forehead, the horn-rimmed glasses, the handsome face that always demanded a certain amount of respect ..........A person whom i loved most when i was a small child . I still hold a vague memory of those numerous trips to the parks ......... Patiently having an eye on me with his ever smiling face, hearing all the crap i told him in composed way ....... I still remember those chocolates, numerous food stuffs, toys, colas and everything....... The only person ever who always bought something for me whenever he came to see me ......... As far i remember there was not even a single day when he came to see me empty handed....... The simple stories he told me which had such a deep meaning when i muse of it now........ The punctilious way in which he wrote his daily accounts ( A habit which i always wanted to have and which is still way out of reach ) ...... The puja which he started daily at 6 in the evening ....... The Prasad which he would always leave for me....... The numerous cash vouchers, the numerous gifts that he had for me evey year...... During my birthday,diwali,new year, summer vacation and what not .....The letter which had my name printed on it .... The systematic manner in which his clothes were arranged neatly ....... The manner in which he would dress up just like a meticulous craftsman so careful with his everything he used....... The way i used to look forward to walking with him and catching his hand for him to lead the way ..... The amounts of ups and downs he had in his life nothing altering the eternal love for me .....These memoirs are always going to be with me no matter what ever happens ..... Coz my childhood would have never been so memorable if not for you ......




Its been almost 3 and half years since he’s no longer with me . I always miss him . I still believe he’s somewhere watching me waiting for me to do something great . The last time i cried was way back on his funeral . I still couldn’t believe this amazing person was no longer gonna be with me . No longer going to teach me . Going to make a huge void in my heart which would be impossible to fill. And this is the first time i am talking about him with anyone . I never had the guts to speak about him to my grand mother knowing that she would burst out into tears nor did i wish to share it with my uncle nor my mom .




This one is just a small tribute to the numerous contributions you have made in my life ..... The way you transformed me ....... A tribute for every person who has ever loved anyone........ Coz love is the best thing in this world ....... Any action or feeling of love towards anyone is the best feeling around . As whatever happens in the end it’s only love thats going to matter and will matter ......
Love you nana ....I love you a lot .....

4 comments:

  1. Fortunate are those souls, who had received affirmed affection from their grandparentz!!There importance in this hondering life will always be unmatched!!Incomplete will be d essence of spark, bolstering d agony of times, 2 create a mirage of optimism!!Let d whole world shatter, for thy they matter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now thats wat i was talkin abt.. keep going..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ anuj - Nice words man ....
    @vishnu - The day when i feel like writing will definately put it up in my blog ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. it seriously awesome to have such loving and caring grandparents .... love them .... thanks to god for giving us some elderly love ....

    luv grandmom

    ReplyDelete